1. Dry body brush - Have you guys heard of this? Full disclaimer: I came across the concept of dry body brushing while googling how to get rid of cellulite. In related news: the beauty blogs had me at "reduces the appearance of cellulite." Apparently there are a lot of other benefits.....it increases circulation, encourages new cell growth, releases toxins, rejuvenates the nervous system, helps with muscle toning, etc. But really, if I'm being honest, I'm in it for the reduced cellulite. I use this brush every morning right before I get in the shower, and then lather myself with coconut oil when I get out. It's only been a week since I've started dry brushing, but I'm really starting to love it being part of my routine. It's super relaxing, feels good, and my skin has been noticeable softer. Will report back on the cellulite.
2. Dream lace boyshorts - Real talk! I need to tell you about The Underwear Crisis of 2014. It went something like this.....I found out I was pregnant and two days later, none of my underwear fit. No exaggeration. I am not sure what happened but somehow all of my underwear was suddenly, noticeably, much too small. Naturally, I started ordering underwear every other day on Amazon and picking up three pairs every time I went to to Target. I think I bought close to 28 pairs in two weeks, and I wish I was kidding, but I'm not. I mean, it's underwear. The essential of all essentials. I wanted something that was a) soft/flattering around the hips, b) seamless, and c) could be worn with tight fitting clothes/maxi dresses without lines. And I am happy to report that 28 pairs of underwear later, I FOUND THE PERFECT ONES. If you're pregnant (heck, even if you're not pregnant), I cannot recommend these boyshorts enough. I also bought a few pairs of these and like them just as much. If you're pregnant, order one size up. And while we're on the subject of undergarments and TMI things, I also recently discovered maternity spanx and my life has been changed forever. This was my first time wearing spanx and really, I just want to buy five more because I love them so much. They are worth every penny and then some.
3. Wedge sandals - I love a good pair of wedges, and I love a good pair of sandals. These are the best of both worlds, and give me the perfect amount of height when I want to remain casual. They look great with dresses, shorts, maxi skirts, everything. Plus, they're comfy. Win-win.
4. Burts Bees Momma Oil - After I lather up with coconut oil in the morning, I slather a thin layer of Cocoa Butter lotion + this all over my belly, hips, and chest. It sounds like a lot, but my skin soaks it up. Call it my stretch mark prevention plan.
5. Babylist - I don't know what all the rules are about registering for a second baby, especially when the second baby is also the same gender as your first baby, but there are a few things on our wishlist so I figured I would make one just in case anyone asked for a gift idea. I used Babylist the first time around, and loved it, so obviously I'm using it again. I love that you can register for items from any store, it's super easy to use, it's pretty (!!), and they are in the process of adding completion discounts. If you want to see our little wishlist in progress, here it is. (Thanks for not judging the fact that I made one in the first place.)
6. Hair color conceal spray - Mmmmk. So, when I am not pregnant, my hair grows really fast. When I am pregnant, my hair grows abnormally fast. And when I say abnormally fast, I mean two weeks after I get my hair colored, my roots are showing. I bumped up my appointments to every six weeks while pregnant (normally I go between eight-ten), and no joke---by week three, my roots are straight up embarrassing. My natural hair color is an ashy brown, which tends to look gray-ish along the roots. NOT OKAY. After hunting around on Amazon, I came across this little gem, which basically sprays dry color directly onto your roots. AMAZING. You only have to use a little, it sprays on just like dry shampoo, and lasts until you wash your hair again. If you have quick hair outgrowth and color your hair, this stuff is the bomb.com. Also! When your hair falls out after you have a baby (it will!), this is great because it makes your hair look fuller along the part line.
7. Peony one-piece swimsuit - I ordered this bad boy for our upcoming trip to Puerto Vallarta after trying on approximately 47 bikinis at Target and having a (small) meltdown in the dressing room. Fingers crossed it fits!
8. Pregnancy pillow - My friend Christina ordered this and didn't like it, but I think she's crazy because it's the best thing since sliced bread. Brett and I have a lot of inappropriate nicknames for this pillow, but the bottom line is: IT HELPS ME SLEEP BETTER. Also helping me sleep better? Unisom. Ask your doctor/midwife if you can take some if you have crazy pregnancy insomnia like I do (and by crazy, I mean I can be often be found on the couch at 3am eating cheerios and watching Bravo).
9. ASOS maternity striped dress - This dress is on sale for $23. You should definitely get one (order a size up, it's short!). If I haven't mentioned this before, ASOS is by far, my favorite place for maternity clothes. Other favorites: this dress, this dress, this dress, this top.